Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm a Craft Hoarder

Hello, my name is Marla...and I'm a craft hoarder.

I recently cleaned up my crafting table and all the piles surrounding it.Holy cheese and crackers, how did I end up with so much stuff?? It took me all day to get that area presentable and I didn't even touch the stuff in my hall closet (also filled with craft supplies). You name it, I've probably got it.
Here's the crazy part...I buy like 90% of my supplies at thrift stores or yard sales(meaning most of my stuff has left someone else's hoard and gone to mine). I see this stuff and have great ideas, so I bring it home anndd...that's it. I forget about it or move onto something else.
Well No More!! I'm determined to lower the amount of my craft hoard by actually getting some stuff made.The holiday season is here and I'd like to get some decorations made as well as Christmas gifts for friends and family.I think if I create something every day, I can a) reduce my craft hoard and b)be ready for Christmas ahead of time (imagine that).I'm also not going to bring any more supplies home...unless I need it for a project...or it's a fantastic price...or it's really cool. Arrgh-it's a sickness I tell you.
Of course, I'm not selfish...I'll share the stuff  I create.Prepare to be amazed! Well, amazed in the sense that you'll probably think to yourself, 'How can one person have so many supplies?'

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who squirrels away craft supplies.

9 comments:

  1. I wish someone of your crafting talent would rub off on me. Good luck on your craft buying fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider yourself rubbed.One of my secrets is that most of my ideas for projects come from other people.Pinterest is a huge source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned you in my blog and feel and because I don't know your name. Am I missing it somewhere?

      Delete
    2. (waving)Hey! It's Marla.
      I'm blushing,it's the first time anyone's mentioned me in their blog.Aw shucks.
      I swear I'm not yelling at you,lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm on the same guilty boat! I'm finally just accepting I won't be able to finish most of the crafts with everything else on my plate and donating lots of supplies/fabrics/half-finished stuff. It's pretty liberating! :D And I'm not allowed to pick up anymore projects for a long while...

    In short, you're not alone. I'm a shameful recovering hoarder than once had a closet full of half-finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since cleaning the hoard,I've finished two pillow covers,reupholstered a footstool,made three crocheted dishcloths, and a wreath...and now I need to clean again,lol.
      Oh and take some dang pictures so I can blog.

      Delete
  4. I'm guilty, also. When we moved last fall I had 14 banana boxes stuffed full of fabric (just fabric)! Crazy, but it's gonna make this Christmas very inexpensive.

    Thanks for linking up to Handmade Christmas 2012. The link for this week for gifts for children is open. http://www.schneiderpeeps.com/2012/10/craft-gifts-to-give-to-children-kids.html?showComment=1350047197779#c865335702627832298

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..glad to see you admit your problem :) Cute snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck using up your stash. Can't wait to see what you whip up!

    ReplyDelete