Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pin Cushion

I found this awesome mug at Goodwill for .59 cents a few weeks ago.I love the colors and the way it feels in my hands.My problem? I don't drink coffee or hot tea.Maybe once or twice a year,I'll drink hot apple cider or cocoa.I just didn't want to have it sit in my cabinet, collecting dust, when I could make something out of it and enjoy it every day.
                                                          I feel like saying, "Ta Dah!!"

I needed a new pincushion because the little tomato I had was just not working for me anymore.Apparently,to a four year old boy, it looks just like a ball that needs to be thrown.How'd you like for one of those suckers to be beaned at you by surprise?
This project took less than two minutes to make and most of that involves plugging in the glue gun and gathering materials.I cut a piece of floral foam and shoved it in the mug.Then I took a scrap of fabric,placed a scrap of batting inside, gathered it together, and tied it with a rubber band.Then just hot glue the fabric to the mug and foam.Easy peasy.
Loving the way it turned out.I might have to make another for my mom who is an avid sewer.
The best part? I can change it back to a mug if I want.I'd just stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes and pop out the glue.
Ta Dah!!

2 comments:

  1. That really is a beautiful mug! And I love how you made it into something useful.

    I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-week-14.html

    Have a great day!



    ReplyDelete