Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Thoughts About Chic-Fil-A Appreciation

Anybody heard about the whole Chic-Fil-A controversy?
Truett Cathey,the founder of Chic-Fil-A was interviewed by a Baptist magazine and he expressed his thoughts on marriage(between a man and woman). The gays didn't like what he said and wanted to boycott.Then the mayor of Boston said don't bring your restaurant to my city.Then Mike Huckabee stuck his nose in it and declared today Chic-Fil-A Appreciation Day and encouraged everyone to go to show support for the restaurant.It's a touchy subject for alot of people for alot of reasons.
So my husband came home from work last night and announced that we should go to ChickNflick(my nickname for the restaurant).I thought,'Oh hell no.'
My reasons include:
1)I don't get it.Why are gay people surprised by what Truett Cathey is saying?Hasn't he always represented himself as a Christian?His restaurants are closed EVERY Sunday and has promoted his values for years.It's like saying you're surprised that alligators will bite you if given the chance...or that Easter falls on a Sunday...or that we have to pay taxes every year.
2)Hey Boston mayor and Mike Huckabee, this protest/boycott/appreciation mess is not going to hurt ChicNflick one bit(so don't flatter yourselves).Have you all ever been to a Chic-Fil-A on a regular day??It's always busy...and I mean busy like there's a line of cars around the building every time I go there. Wanna know why? I don't think it's the values.It's those chicken sandwiches.They're dang delicious. Mmmm-So juicy,tender,seasoning just right(wiping the drool from my chin now).
I think Truett Cathey will be laughing all the way to the bank today.
3)I hate crowds.Just thinking about being crammed into that restaurant with all those people makes me want to break out in hives.Add a rambunctious four year old who doesn't listen into the mix and that's a migraine waiting to happen.Why in the world would I want to torture myself?

Man, now I'm jonesin' for a Chic-Fil-a chicken sandwich.They really are good.Maybe I'll go tomorrow when it's not so crowded.


No comments:

Post a Comment