Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 2 (40 Days of Clutter) and an Egg Sucking Dog

So I dropped off the boxes of plates at the thrift store today and they were having a half off sale so I came home with a bag of stuff. It's really good stuff though! And I've got places for it and....(hanging head) I know.The point of 40 days of Clutter is not to bring more stuff home.
I'll try harder.

On to Day 2
In today's bag, I have a bunch of Christmas ornaments(most of the balls at the bottom are cracked-why was I keeping those?),a lampshade,a Halloween chair cover (it's been on one of my kitchen chairs since Oct.),a ceramic mouse,and some gift wrap ribbon. I thought about keeping the ribbon to use, but then I realized that I have alot of  beautiful FABRIC ribbon stashed away. Most of the ornaments came from my Mom's house; she decided to get rid of all her Christmas decorations and this is stuff that's been sitting in my kitchen since December.
As I look at this pile,I can clearly see that it's a pile of potential.I look at the lampshade and I see I can recover it.I look at the ornaments a see a wreath or a garland, or hey I can tie that onto a package. That's my problem.Lots of potential- not enough time to execute.

Remember I told ya'll about the new dog Susie?Here she is.
The vet told us she looked like a mix of Husky and something else.She loves the kids and is friendly,but she is chewing everything in sight.We've had to spray bitters on the walls by the back door because she was ripping the siding off. My dad saw a picture of her and replied,"That's an egg sucking dog if I ever saw one."
Backstory on my dad: He grew up on a farm with lots of animals.Dogs are funny things because once they get a taste of something good like chickens or lambs or eggs, it's almost impossible to break them of eating it.He had this dog that would dig his way into the henhouse and steal the eggs.One day, my dad set out to break his dog of sucking eggs.So he takes an egg, empties it out, and proceeds to fill it with any gross stuff he could find.He said the dog got ahold of that egg and immediately keeled over and died.My grandma once told me that the dog was really old and she thought it probably died of a heart attack from eating an egg filled with hot sauce, cod liver oil, and sour milk.
My Daddy is special.
Special doesn't always mean better.
I'm not sure how this relates to Susie as I've never seen her eat an egg..or suck one.
Just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment