Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 3(40 Days of Clutter) & found treasures

Wow,it's getting easier to get rid of things . In fact, if I didn't have this dang cold (my husband still says it's the flu) I would've kept going.Here's today's box o' clutter:
More gift wrap ribbon,some brass animals,some random plates,a colander,a lips phone missing the cord,some stackable canisters,a cardboard cupcake tier, an oil and vinegar set,some gingerbread house cookie cutters,and a Woody hat.Super props to me for getting rid of a couple of Valentine's decorations before President's day.I paused for a split second before I threw the gingerbread cookie cutter set in the box, but I realized what I really love to do is buy the premade house and let the kids go to town decorating it.They don't care whether I make the house from scratch so buh-bye Mommy guilt!! I had kept the colander so I could make a light fixture, but I wouldn't have had anywhere to put it so I let it go. See?? The potential of clutter-it'll suck you in with Pinterest boards that make you look like the most interesting person on Earth, but your house looks like a disaster.

As I was decluttering today,I found some blown glass Christmas ornaments(including a Christopher Radko) that I had gotten at a thrift store early fall and stashed and then forgot.And if that wasn't enough,I found mine and my husband's wedding bands.I have been looking for these rings for years and had searched the house several times.We don't wear them since he's a mechanic and I'm always mucking around doing something with my hands, but it is a huge relief to know they are safe. Our 18th anniversary is coming up in April-we might have to break them out that day.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting through the clutter, even with a potential flu! It feels soooo much better to have a blank slate to work with. Then we can bring in more stuff ;) With moderation and care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike.I should be done with this challenge just in time for yard sale season to start.

    ReplyDelete