Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Geez is it March already?

My Momma says time gets faster the older you get- no kidding. Let's see...since I wrote my last post:
1.I got over my cold and so did everybody else-thank goodness.The only thing worse than me being sick is my husband and kids being sick.Of course, I have been accused of being less than sympathetic, but it's hard for me to show compassion when all I want to do is crawl up under the covers and knock myself out with medicine.
2.Nathan has started taking Ninja Karate classes every day which is a HUGE source of entertainment for me.It is nice to see someone else having that same look of frustration on their face for 30 minutes.Skills he needs to improve on include standing still,following directions, and responding to his own name.They have taught him to sit cross legged.Baby steps,lol.
3.I haven't sold alot of stuff lately, been lazy I suppose.A situation I plan to remedy soon.
4.Went to the dentist and I need dental surgery.5 teeth have to go bye bye.I've known about this for a year and a half, but chickened out and didn't schedule.This time I made sure to make an appointment.Going to cost $525, the main reason I have to work on no. 3.Thank God for dental insurance.
5.Had to take my one and only daughter to the doctor to discuss surgery.Last fall, she had been diagnosed with an osteoma in her ear canal, a benign bone tumor that would have to be removed surgically.Another doctor from the ENT group saw her today.He took a look in her ear, said "Let me see what this feels like", and poked a metal tool at it."Huh,that's not an osteoma.Hold still for a second" and proceeded to pull a big wad of swimmer's wax out of her ear."You're cured"he said as he got up to leave.I didn't even remember her ever using swimmer's wax until I got home and my husband said,"Oh yeah,I tried that on her at the YMCA.She didn't like it" The last time we went swimming at the Y was in 2007-ewww.I'm very thankful she doesn't need surgery.

Yep, that was pretty much my last week and a half.
I've decided to take a break from thrifting for awhile because my house and playhouse is turning into a huge mess.I've got to clean out before I add anything else.I want to get all this stuff listed and alot sold before yard sale season gets in full swing.I might even have to break down and have a yard sale myself.
Happy thrifting ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment