Friday, February 24, 2012

Well that was easy money

I've got a head cold-ugh.So yesterday, I didn't feel like doing anything. You know, one of those days when you want to crawl back under the covers and stay there for the whole day.Except my four year old views that as a sign of weakness and takes advantage of it,wreaking mayhem and destruction.
I thought if I just get up and move around, maybe I'll feel a little better. At the least, I could prevent the little one from doing too much damage. So I took a few pictures, planted myself on the couch with my laptop, and listed a couple of items.
Wasn't I surprised when I got offers for them within hours of listing?! Here's what I sold:
Build a Bear Baskin Robbin's Fudge Ripple bear with sundae.This was my daughter's bear and she decided that she didn't want him anymore.I listed it at $22.99 or Best Offer.Got an offer of $15 plus shipping.Sold!
This is not mine,but a friend's that I'm selling for commission. The Great Treasures of Ancient Egypt silver coin collection.Had it listed for $275 or Best Offer.Took an offer of $200 plus shipping.My friend is happy and so am I (30%=nice)
I did have to end one of my auctions early.I had a few Build a Bear outfits and a BABW beach chair up for auction.I got an email from someone telling me that the chair had been recalled.After further investigation and a call to the store,it was confirmed.There is a silver lining though.The manager I spoke to told me that if I bring the chair back to the store,I'll receive an $8 credit. So I plan on turning the chair in, getting some shoes, and relisting the lot.Pretty good for a chair that cost me a $1.
I still feel like crap, but my husband has the same cold and he's laid up in the bed.So no rest for Momma.I'm going to run a couple of errands and get a couple of more things listed.I hope they sell as soon as the stuff yesterday-fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some auction success. Helps make up for the cold, eh? Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABW - I keep forgetting about those - must look up the closet full my daughter has and see if she can part with them!

    Feel better....!

    ReplyDelete