Friday, June 1, 2012

Sales This Week- May 26-June 1

Not a ton of sales this week, but I did sell some things that were taking up valuable space in my playhouse(which is now clean and organized-woohoo!!).
I finally got around to listing the yarn and crochet thread I've been hoarding collecting. Good yarn is something I'm always on the lookout for because a)it's easy to sell and b)it's easy to ship.
                                            Lot of Metallic Crochet Thread-Sold for $15.50
                                            Lot of Colored Crochet Thread-Sold for $9.99
                                                      Lot of Baby Yarn-Sold for $13.50Sold a couple of other mixed lots of yarn for .99 and $3.48(really just want to get those two out of here).Points to remember when buying yarn to resell: 1)Look for natural fibers(wool,silk,cashmere,alpaca,bamboo,cotton,etc.) 2)Look for big lots of the same color.This means someone can actually complete a project without worrying whether they can find some more. 3)Don't buy stuff you can get at Walmart.Look for stuff that's hard to find..like the colored crochet thread.
I get alot of my yarn at Bargain Barn(Goodwill Outlet) really cheap because the people working there want it out of there.They don't like it when the yarn is pulled out all over the place, tangled with the other stuff in the bins.

Also sold this week:
*Lot of 6 Smocking Magazines for $14.99(that $3 box keeps on giving)
*2 Sewing patterns for $2.99 each
*Lot of 5 Ken and Friends dolls for $15.99
*Vintage Embroidery kit for $15.99
*Vintage satin dress for $10.00
*80's gold mesh purse for $14.99
*Lot of Bratz shoes/purses for $7.99
*Coleman Power Supply Plug for $29.99(this was a Christmas gift to my husband from his boss-it plugs into a cooler...that we don't have.LOL)

And now for this week's WTF?! sale item.
That is a sealed in package long handled Gatorade spoon-made to mix up the sports drink in those big coolers.It came in a lot I had bought at an auction.When my husband saw me photographing it, he didn't think it was going to sell. He said,"They used to give us a spoon whenever we bought a big case of powder."I threw it on Ebay in the same category as the coolers and it sold a couple of days later for $5.99(Dang it, should have asked more for it,lol).Now where can I get my hands on some more Gatorade spoons?

Hope everyone has a great productive week!!


3 comments:

  1. I've never seen those Gatorade spoons. But now I will keep my eye out for them. Nice quick sale. I'm always surprised what people will buy on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR?! After I did my "I Told You So" dance(it involves alot of pointing and shimmying),my husband said,"It just goes to show there are people who will buy anything."
    Hater.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your sales are encouraging me to get back on track and be as productive as possible! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete