Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Red, White, & Blue Wreath

I'm pretty sure my Momma bought this trim in 1976 (remember the Bicentennial?) to use on some sewing project that never happened.Fast forward to 2012, these trims were in a box sent home with me. Since the Olympics are this summer plus all the patriotic holidays,I made this red/white/blue wreath for the front door. The best part-I used stuff I already had so it was FREE.


I had a straw wreath already wrapped in silver tinsel garland (I was going to make an ornament wreath for Christmas and didn't get around to it).I briefly thought about taking the garland off, but I didn't want to see the straw.The red, white , and blue flowers were a trim I cut into individual pieces and hot glued on.After attaching the flowers,I made the bow from some embroidered vinyl. I feel like it needs something else like fireworks, but I'm setting perfectionism aside and calling it done.
What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I wish I was crafty. I think it looks good just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete