Friday, May 18, 2012

Sales this week-May 12-18

I had quite a few sales this week.Last week was free auction listing on Ebay for store owners and I listed a ton of stuff.Since it was free, I put up alot of stuff that I wasn't sure was going to sell and I was pleasantly surprised.
A set of five unicorn collectable plates from Germany.These are my friend's-her stepdad had collected these kind of decorative plates before he died.I'm selling them for her on commission-she's happy because she's getting more than what she would selling them at a yard sale and I'm happy because I get money for inventory I don't have to buy.These have been in my store since January.They're not a quick sale, but I got the full asking price of $289.00.
Another decorative plate for $16.99 with free shipping.It helps to have the Certificate of Authenticity and original box on these plates.
This cookie jar ended up selling for $35.00 even though it's not pristine.Buyer hasn't paid yet though.

This 70's owl plaque is one of those things that I wasn't sure would sell so I started the auction at $1.99.It sold for $10.50.
If you ever see cast iron lids without the pot/pan, pick them up anyway.Bought this for a quarter-it sold for $18.00.
Also sold some Minnie Mouse party supplies($7.99),a cross stitch kit($11.50),a Fisher Price doctor kit missing pieces($5.99),some cloth napkins($7.49),and five patterns(from .99 to $2.99 each).
The neighborhood yard sale was Saturday and even though there wasn't alot of participation and it rained for awhile, we made $175.00.
My very best flip of the week doesn't have any pictures. A few weeks ago I bought two crusty metal plates from the Bargain Barn at Goodwill for .25 each.They looked like they had been buried, but I noticed the words "Sterling" on the back. I cleaned them up-one of the plates was solid while the other had an inset.I did some research on them to see if I could sell them on Ebay, but they were in pretty rough shape even after cleaning them.I took them to a jeweler and sold them for scrap for $142.00.They took the inset out of the one plate and gave it back to me because it wasn't marked.I want to get the inset metal tested because if it's silver too then that'll be a nice chunk of change(It's heavy.I already know it's not lead or aluminum).Sterling silver is selling for $28 an ounce these days people.
I hope everyone else had a productive week too.

2 comments:

  1. Great sales. Most people I know are in a sales slump right now. Good to see your doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The couple of weeks before this were crap.I think I might've just been lucky this week.

    ReplyDelete